There are two things that set us apart from anyone else, our one of a kind quantum computer and our exceptional people. Employees of D-Wave include some of the world’s leading scientists. Our people work on high-impact technology that will help to solve some of humanity’s greatest challenges.
D-Wave is looking for exceptionally motivated people who love to see the impact of their work on a daily basis, who will do whatever it takes to ensure success of the company, and who want to be a part of something special. We are working to radically change what is possible with computers and are leading the effort to commercialize quantum computing.
D-Wave’s systems are multi-disciplinary in nature spanning physics, mechanical engineering, cryogenics engineering, low noise analog and digital electronics, conventional computer networking, and a low magnetic field environment. The company's flagship product, the D-Wave Two, is built around a superconducting quantum processor and is currently being used by customers such as Lockheed, NASA and Google.
As a software engineer, you work on a small team and can switch teams and projects as our fast-paced business grows and evolves. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
Technical support for a technology company is a big task. As a Software Engineer you are the go-to person for D-Wave’s software needs, providing front line user support for all of D-Wave's internal development tools and technologies. You are highly technical and are comfortable problem solving with multiple operating systems (like OS X, Linux, Windows) and a range of programming languages.
• Work with service owners and software engineering team to plan and implement service and application upgrades and changes.
• Support IT infrastructure related projects, such as server upgrades.
• Provide support for production systems.
• Continuously improve monitoring system, identify and implement new monitoring points.
· Support internal development environment.
• Provide Tier 2 user support.
• Bachelors in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
• 3+ years’ experience in Python, C, C++
• Experience with various operating systems (Linux, Mac, and Windows).
• Extensive knowledge of Linux environments performance troubleshooting and packaging - Debian RPM.
• Web servers, database management systems configuration
• Experience with VMWare
• Knowledge of Bash
• Ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities and make quick decisions with limited information.
• Strong customer service, organizational, prioritization, multitasking and communication skills.
• Expertise in deploying and supporting complex, distributed applications in Linux environment.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those who are selected for interviews will be contacted.
D-Wave Systems Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, age, religion or sexual orientation.